At the pleasure of the Board
The Convenor may be a member of the Board.
Responsible for the day-to-day running of the shop and activities linked to it.
- Staffing the shop with adequate volunteers -- shop clerks, bookkeeper, scheduler for staffing, buying merchandise, displaying merchandise.
- Report to the Board & the general membership.
- Assist the Board and perform duties delegated by the President or the Board.
- Appoint a person responsible for staffing the shop and creating a schedule for same and monitor it.
- Recruit buyers in consultation with the head buyer.
- Work with bookkeeper to find and training deposit staff
- Produce an agenda for shop meetings in consultation with the bookkeepers and buyers; conduct shop staff meetings try to facilitate suggestions arising.
- Ensure there are sufficient shop supplies.
- The shop is an amazing collection of wonderful volunteers who will pitch in and help in any way they can when needed. One only has to ask for assistance and it is forthcoming. This demonstrates, I believe, the 'other' mandate of our organization--we are here for each other.